Smartphone addiction appears to be linked to sleep disorders, anxiety and stress disorders, and greater consumption of alcohol and tobacco.
The NIAAA came up with a new online resource to help find care for alcohol use disorder.
In patients with chronic alcohol-use disorder, electrolyte disturbances and acid-base disorders are common.
Many ophthalmologists won't write more than 10 opioid prescriptions a year.
A loss of 0.28 years in life expectancy has been because of drug-poisoning deaths.
Abuse-deterrent opioid formulations are not the most effective way to solve the opioid crisis.
The FDA is allowing the marketing of a mobile app in order to help treat substance abuse.
A higher level of addiction is associated with cigarettes that have a higher level of nictone.
Alcohol use and high-risk drinking were increased from 2001-2002 to 2012-2013.
Opioids prescribed after surgery are often unused and improperly disposed of.
Risk for neonatal drug withdrawal was substantially higher in newborns exposed to both opioids and psychotropic drugs than in those exposed to opioids alone.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy