ADALAT CC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nifedipine 30mg, 60mg, 90mg; ext rel tabs.
Indications for ADALAT CC:
Swallow whole on empty stomach. Initially 30mg once daily. Usual maintenance: 30–60mg once daily. Titrate over 7–14 days; max 90mg/day.
Aortic stenosis. Angina. Severe obstructive coronary artery disease. Heart failure. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates antihypertensives, digoxin, tacrolimus. Angina and heart failure possible with β-blockers. Potentiated by cimetidine, doxazosin, ketoconazole, valproic acid, grapefruit juice, other CYP3A4 inhibitors. Antagonized by rifampin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, St. John's wort, other CYP3A4 inducers. Monitor oral anticoagulants, quinidine. Hypotension possible with fentanyl.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Peripheral edema, headache, flushing, dizziness, fatigue, constipation, muscle cramps, rash; exacerbation of angina, heart failure (rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders