Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketorolac tromethamine 0.45%; oph soln; preservative-free.
Indications for ACUVAIL:
Ocular pain and inflammation after cataract surgery.
1 drop in the affected eye twice daily beginning 1 day prior to surgery, continue on day of surgery and through first 2 weeks post-op. Concomitant other topical ophthalmics (eg, alpha-agonists, beta-blockers, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, cycloplegics, mydriatics): administer at least 5 minutes apart.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Aspirin/NSAID sensitivity. Asthma. Bleeding tendencies. Complicated or repeated ocular surgeries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Diabetes. Rheumatoid arthritis. May delay wound healing. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C): avoid in late pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant topical steroids may increase potential for healing problems.
Increased intraocular pressure, conjunctival hyperemia and/or hemorrhage, corneal edema, ocular pain, headache, tearing, blurred vision; keratitis, increased ocular bleeding (including hyphemas).
Single-use vials (0.4mL)—30
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder