ACTIVELLA 1mg/0.5mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Estradiol 1mg, norethindrone acetate 0.5mg; tabs.
Indications for ACTIVELLA 1mg/0.5mg:
In women with an intact uterus: moderate to severe vasomotor symptoms of menopause; vulvar and vaginal atrophy; prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis.
1 tab daily. Vasomotor symptoms, postmenopausal osteoporosis: 1mg/0.5mg or 0.5mg/0.1mg strength. Vulvar and vaginal atrophy: 1mg/0.5mg strength. Reevaluate periodically.
Breast or estrogen-dependent carcinoma. Thromboembolic disorders. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Liver dysfunction or disease. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Use for shortest duration and lowest dose consistent with treatment goals and risks. Not for prevention of cardiovascular disease or dementia. Endometrial hyperplasia. Gallbladder disease. Hypercoagulability. Familial hypercholesterolemia. Bone disease associated with hypercalcemia. Do initial complete physical (include BP, mammogram, PAP smear) and repeat annually. Conditions aggravated by fluid retention. Discontinue if visual disturbances or jaundice occurs and during immobilization, or at least 2 weeks before surgery associated with thromboembolism. Manage risk factors for cardiovascular disease and venous thromboembolism appropriately. May aggravate asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, migraine, porphyria, SLE, hepatic hemangiomas. May interfere with lab tests (eg, thyroid, PT, glucose tolerance, HDL-C/LDL-C). Nursing mothers.
Estrogen + progestin.
See full labeling. Increased risk of gallbladder disease, thromboembolic disorders, dementia, breast and ovarian cancer. GI upset/pain, irregular bleeding, headache, edema, hypertension, mastodynia, chloasma, others.
Packs (28 tabs)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder