Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test. Contain nitroprusside, glycine; reagent tabs.
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for ACETEST:
Detection of ketones in urine, serum, whole blood, plasma.
Adults and Children:
Collect fresh specimen. Test according to package directions.
Not for ingestion.
Tablet darkening indicates deterioration.
Sulfobromophthalein, phenylketones, 8-hydroxyquinoline, levodopa may give false (+) result.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children