Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadofosveset trisodium 244mg/mL (0.25mmol/mL); soln for IV inj.
Lantheus Medical Imaging
Indications for ABLAVAR:
For use as a contrast agent in magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to evaluate aortoiliac occlusive disease (AIOD) in adults with known or suspected peripheral vascular disease.
Give as IV bolus inj over 30 seconds followed by 25–30mL normal saline flush. 0.12mL/kg (0.03mmol/kg). See full labeling for imaging guidelines.
<18yrs: not established.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); discontinue immediately if occurs; have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of drug reactions, asthma, allergy or other hypersensitivity disorders. Risk of QTc prolongation; consider obtaining baseline ECG to assess risk, consider follow up ECG and risk reduction measures until contrast agent eliminated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Caution with concomitant drugs that bind to albumin.
Pruritus, headache, nausea, vasodilation, paresthesia, inj site bruising, dysgeusia, burning sensation, venipuncture site bruise, hypertension, dizziness, feeling cold; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vials (10mL, 15mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children