A five question screening tool focusing on middle-age educational and occupational attainment helps predict dementia risk.
Currently FDA-approved for treating pseudo bulbar affect, the drug also benefits agitation.
The first randomized-controlled clinical trials are underway to assess if early access to amyloid imaging PET scan results can inform treatment decisions for mild cognitive impairment and dementia.
RVT-101 improved cognition and function when combined with donepezil in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.
Investigators identified a possible disease-modifying effect of solanezumab as an early treatment for Alzheimer's disease, but the benefit in clinical practice remains unclear.
Among those with mild cognitive impairment, women's cognitive abilities deteriorated twice as quickly as men.
Better balance needed between cure, prevention, and care for patients with dementia.
Early academic performance may be better indicator of cognitive reserve than formal education, occupational complexity.
Burden of cognitive impairment may be greater in this vulnerable population, who require vigilance and constant self-care.
In patients with mild cognitive impairment, a holistic, multidisciplinary intervention improved attention, concentration, and problem solving.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- Cognitive Stress Reduces Levodopa Effect on Parkinson's Tremor
- Suicidal Ideation, Behavior Higher Among Those Seeking HIV Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease Accelerated by Mild Brain Injury
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Hypertension Onset in Older Population May Protect Against Dementia