A five question screening tool focusing on middle-age educational and occupational attainment helps predict dementia risk.
Currently FDA-approved for treating pseudo bulbar affect, the drug also benefits agitation.
The first randomized-controlled clinical trials are underway to assess if early access to amyloid imaging PET scan results can inform treatment decisions for mild cognitive impairment and dementia.
RVT-101 improved cognition and function when combined with donepezil in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.
Investigators identified a possible disease-modifying effect of solanezumab as an early treatment for Alzheimer's disease, but the benefit in clinical practice remains unclear.
Among those with mild cognitive impairment, women's cognitive abilities deteriorated twice as quickly as men.
Better balance needed between cure, prevention, and care for patients with dementia.
Early academic performance may be better indicator of cognitive reserve than formal education, occupational complexity.
Burden of cognitive impairment may be greater in this vulnerable population, who require vigilance and constant self-care.
In patients with mild cognitive impairment, a holistic, multidisciplinary intervention improved attention, concentration, and problem solving.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis
- Benzodiazepines Increase Stroke Risk in Alzheimer's