Latest Features & Opinion
Rather than worry about how to refer to patients, the psychiatry community should relish its distinctive role in bringing mind and body together.
The nation's first mental health court turns 18 this month, and more than 17,000 people have received treatment instead of a jail sentence.
Positive influences by fathers on their children is associated with fewer behavioral problems and less impulsivity.
Dr. Jonathan Meyer will review the most common psychiatric and medical comorbidities in patients with ...
Join Dr. Leslie Citrome for a comprehensive discussion of the use of long-acting injectable (LAI) ...
Join Dr. Thomas Beltzler for an in-depth discussion of the symptomatology of schizophrenia vs schizoaffective ...
Among the many issues clinicians face today, staying current with advances in medicine is becoming ...
Worldwide, bipolar disorder is responsible for more loss of disability-adjusted life years than all forms ...
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Why Do Women Have Higher Rates of PTSD Than Men?
- SSRI/Mirtazapine Combination Beneficial as a PTSD Treatment
- Declassifying Psychedelic Drugs to Examine Their Treatment Potential
- Blackcurrant Juice Could Reduce Depression, Parkinson's Symptoms
- Memory Tests Could Predict Alzheimer's Decades Prior to Disease Onset
- Self-Defining Memories Help People with Depression, Bipolar Disorder
- Metacognitive Therapy Could Benefit Wide Range of Mental Illnesses
- The Meeting of Spirituality and Mental Health
- Remembering the Father's Role in Children's Mental Health
- Two Studies Find Link Between Cat Ownership and Schizophrenia
- Mortality Risk Increased for Parkinson's Patients on Antipsychotics
- 'Patient' Vs. 'Client': How Semantics Influences the Practice of Psychiatry
- PTSD, Trauma Increase Cardiovascular Disease Risk in Women
- Antidepressant Vilazodone Shows Efficacy As Anxiety Treatment
- Repeated Depression Shrinks Brain Area Involved in Emotions, Memories