As sleep disturbances in patients with depression are associated with increased episode recurrences, persistent illness course, and poor outcomes, assessment of the relationship between both and review of effective treatment modalities is essential for improving quality of life for these patients.
Prior authorizations and diagnostic imaging continue to be a frustration in the practice of medicine.
Aetna will gain data on pharmaceutical usage patterns that will enable the company to carefully parse the insurance risks it takes on.
Statistical vs clinical significance is a battle royale being constantly waged throughout all facets of medical research.
A physician discusses conscious and unconscious problem solving methods.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Phonemic Verbal Advantage in Mild Cognitive Impairment May Predict Risk for Alzheimer Disease
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Guidance Offered for Improving Mental Health in Workplace
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Early Intervention Strategies for Bipolar Disorder: Clinical Dilemmas and Directions
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Psychiatric Comorbidities Increase Neurologic Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Self-Regulation Interventions Beneficial for Children
- Traumatic Brain Injury Associated With Increased Risk for Dementia
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- Depression and Sleep Disturbances: Common Bedfellows