Despite their advantages, many clinicians do not necessarily agree with the centrality or content of CPGs. Others — especially primary care physicians (PCPs) — are overwhelmed by the vast and ever-increasing numbers of guidelines issued by multiple societies.
Prior authorizations and diagnostic imaging continue to be a frustration in the practice of medicine.
Aetna will gain data on pharmaceutical usage patterns that will enable the company to carefully parse the insurance risks it takes on.
Statistical vs clinical significance is a battle royale being constantly waged throughout all facets of medical research.
A physician discusses conscious and unconscious problem solving methods.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Adverse Events Caused by Once-Monthly Aripiprazole Are Time Limited
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth