Latest Features & Opinion
Investigators used fMRI to examine whether disruption of long-term fear memory reconsolidation can attenuate the activity in the amygdala at re-exposure to fear cues.
Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main psychoactive chemical ingredient in cannabis.
John Kane, MD, considers prevention and treatment approaches for mood disorders.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nonsuicidal Self-Injury: Proper Identification and Treatment
- Treatment-Resistant Depression: Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy Vs Treatment As Usual
- Mortality Increased in Patients Recently Discharged From Inpatient Treatment
- Depression, Anxiety Found in Patients With Photophobia
- Women at High Risk for Burnout, Stress Benefit from Supportive Intervention
- Psychosis in Alzheimer's Disease Induced by Female-Specific Gene
- Psychosocial Factors, Risk Behaviors in HIV Improved by Intervention
- Bipolar Disorder Mobile Apps May Not Address Consumer Needs
- Women With Mental Illness Have Lower Cervical Cancer Screening Rates
- Medical Malpractice and the Current State of Reform